That wasn't the ONLY reason for my visit though. Like I said, my mom's whole family lives in Iowa so I wanted to see them too. :) My Grandpa, Jerry, was born and raised in South Dakota. After living in California and Oregon for a good portion of his life, he decided that it was time to head back to the midwest (that was sometime in the late 80's). My mom is the oldest of 3 children. She has two baby brothers; my uncle Clay and uncle Erik. My uncle Clay has lived most of his life in California, until about 12 years ago, when he moved to the midwest to help take care of my grandpa when he had a stroke. My uncle Erik actually lived in England for a good portion of his life. After serving in the Air Force he decided it was the place to be, I guess. Anyway, he's also been in Iowa for some time now. Not long after the majority of my mom's family was living in Iowa, my Grandma, Nancy, followed and lives about a mile away from my uncle Erik. Then, my mom moved to Mississippi!! What a punk!
Sunday was the best. We all just hung out at my uncle's house, ate, visited, played games, went for a walk, etc. I loved it!! I think Cali really had a good time too. She got so much attention that it just wore her out! She gave more kisses than I've ever seen her give and she smiled all day long, until it was time to eat or sleep. The downfall to having so much fun, was that I forgot to get my camera out. I only have a couple pictures from the actual graduation itself. My sisters, however, took many pictures so I'm hoping to get some when they get a chance to share, and I will definitely pass them on. :)
4 people care:
I can't leave your comment tag as "0 People Care!"
I care!
That is awesome your mom graduated! That picture of you and Cali is so cute- I want your shirt.
So funny, I read that your sister named her son Charlie and thought about naming our boy Charles. Then I realize that we are having a girl. I keep forgetting. It just doesn't seem right yet!
Ilene, you can't have my shirt...it's a dress! And you could name your little girl Charlie...too cute!
Sounds like fun! Cali is so stinkin cute. I want to squeeze her! You look fab in that picture as well!
That really is a great picture of you and Cali. Totally frameable!
Post a Comment