19 June 2008

Home Sweet Home

I love going to visit my family, but I really love being home. This past weekend we were in California for one of my sister's wedding. From the moment we arrived at my parents house I was helping to get things ready. From the bridal shower to their farewell after the reception....I am worn out! I'll post later about all the other happenings of the weekend, because it wasn't ALL wedding stuff, but first I want to post about the wedding.
First, a little background/reminder. My family is big and CRAZY! Of all my siblings, I only have one full blooded brother and one full blooded sister, of which I'm the middle child. But all in all, with all 8 siblings, I'm third oldest. Just a quick rundown; Christine is the oldest (35) from my mom's first marriage, Marc (29) is my brother, then me, Karin (24) is my crazy sister ;), Erin (24) is my step-sister from my step-mom's first marriage, Keegan (22) is her brother which makes him my step-brother (duh), Nathan (19) is my half-brother from my dad and step-mom (he's the one going on a mission in August...that blog to come too), and last, but definitely not least, Kristin (16) is the baby sister of Nathan which makes her my half-sister. Whew!!!
My Dad and Step-mom (Jill) were married when I was 6 years old. We all grew up together in the same house from very young, so I don't really think of, or refer to, my step and half siblings as such. Erin was only 3 when they got married, which made Keegan just under 2 years old....they are my brother and sister, just not by blood. :) Erin is the one that was married this weekend.

Congratulations Erin and Chad!!!!
I'll get more pictures as soon as I can...
This is Erin, The Bride, before the ceremony. We were all in a room getting ready. I guess she got a little hungry....

This is Erin and our cousin Aulani.....happy times!!!


This is my baby sister, Kristin, getting her hair done and stuffing her face! ;)


This is my brother Marc's little girl Isobelle. She was the flower girl and Austin was the ring bearer....they are about 9 months apart.

Jill getting make-up, Kristin STILL getting her hair done, and Isobelle supervising. :)

Isobelle entertaining us before we headed to the reception.

My little Cali loved the chocolate fountain...that's my girl!!
This is the only picture I got of Austin...he was the ring bearer in the ceremony. It was memorable enough, I guess. Taking a break.
My smart hubby took a picture of me at the reception to share with my friends...what a guy!
A little time for a photo op with the hubby!
My brother Marc and two of his boys, Kobe and Kayden.

4 people care:

Tara said...

How fun! you look beautiful in those pics! Love that color on you.

Mrs. Schmalison said...

Ok it might be weird but I have always wanted the run down on your family. I have always wanted to know who belongs to who. Now I know. Please tell Erin Congratulations for me. I saw her at church a couple weeks ago and she said she was getting married. How awesome. I remember the fun time we had at our make-up girls camp together at Peppermint creek. We stayed up all night and got in big trouble for it. I love Kristen too!! She was one of my Mia-maids in the Monica ward and I love talking to her.

Michelle Swidrak said...

HI BRI!
I love the update and can't believe Erin's married! Isn't she like 14 still? Crazy. Please post more pics of the wedding when you can. Much love!
Mish

momma elms said...

The wedding was beautiful - a lot of work went into the blessed event.
You and your family are as beautiful as ever!
It was GREAT seeing you all.