My girlfriend and her husband are both high school teachers/coaches. School doesn't start until Monday, but there's always a week of meetings and preparations, and for my girlfriend practices and games. They arrived at my house before 7am (before 7:30am a couple times) and were with me until after 3pm when their dad arrived to pick them up or I dropped them off.
Don't get me wrong in my stressful words, it wasn't as hard as I make it seem. It really wasn't all that "hard", just challenging. I was on my toes; constantly watching, helping, fixing, etc. for three active boys and my whirlwind little girl. It was just a non-stop day, everyday. We played, swam, played, cleaned, played, colored, played, ate, played, and two took naps while the other two...played. ;)
The older boy, Aiden, and my big guy, Austin, get along well, for the most part. Put any two boys 4-5 years old together and there are bound to be quarelling, arguing, tattling, etc. but for the most part, they do really well together. Keegan and Cali, on the other hand, not so much. There are moments of cuteness and sweetness, but they are definitely few and far between. They are both the baby of big brothers that are rough and bossy, so in turn, they too are a little rough and bossy with each other. Not a good combo. I almost feel bad for Keegan because Cali isn't afraid to fight back and get what she wants. Oh well, they'll learn.
If anything, it's made me thankful that my kids aren't super close in age like some poor moms that have kids back to back within months of each other. I could actually have had all four of these kids if I'd wanted to, but I'm sure glad that my two are 3 years apart and there isn't a baby in sight just yet. (soon I hope, but not yet)
Thinking last night how glad I was that the week was finally over, my loving, wonderful, helpful husband reminded me that I have them a little longer...two more days next week. Luckily, Aiden starts kindergarten monday so I only have him part of the day.
Whew!! It makes me tired thinking about the past week. ;)
And here are just some recent pictures for your viewing pleasure...
Marcus and Austin riding the fourwheeler at Grandma's house last weekend...no meat this time. 
Cali and Grandpa working on the tractor.Playing in the mud after a rainy day.
Austin just likes getting the camera out and taking random pictures. He's so sweet!!
Cali was "helping" Marcus do his push-ups....wearing her necklace, of course.
5 people care:
Dang girl! We need another vacation, huh? ;)
That is a crazy week! Three kids! Does that make you want to go out and get pregnant right away or what? ha ha!
I like the new fall theme! And your kids are so cute. I can't believe how big little Callie is!!
So glad that you got the full week before Aiden went to Kindergarten.
Girls being bossy?
Not so. I can't wait for the day when our little one starts her reign over our boys. I could use some help around here.
I"m glad you survived, now I've been meaning to ask... I need a sitter....
Post a Comment