As most of you know, a weekend at Grandma's isn't just a typical weekend. There is usually some sort of "activity" involving animals, whether they be live or whether they be dead. This weekend, it was dead. The weekend I was away Marcus took the kids to stay with Grandma and Grandpa (his parents), mostly for help with my two little angels, but his main objective was to kill and cut up a cow....yes, a cow. He did get the killing part done, but not all the cutting up part, that's what our weekend at Grandma's was for....to finish the task. I didn't really take that many pictures of this "event", mostly because my hands were very involved this time. The men cut the meat, even put it through the grinder, but my job was to make bags of ground beef. We did get some great steaks, roasts, and ground meat out of it, but it's not exactly my idea of a relaxing weekend. **Just as a warning, the first picture might be disturbing. May I just remind you...this is my life.
Before...
After Cali found Grandpa's hunting hat
These are just a couple pictures of the kids during the past week....nothing special, just adorable!!
Cali liked this little bandana...isn't she just too cute?? Even though he can't tear his eyes from the TV, at least I got a smile. :)
This is her "cheese" face whenever we pull out the camera.
Reading Breaking Dawn....duh!
9 people care:
Your kids are too cute!!
Looks Delicious!
Holy COW!
Nothing like home-made ground beef. So are you moving back to Oregon? Or is that just a rumor? Move to Utah...everybody's doing it.
I didn't know there was even a rumor that we were moving back to Oregon. I'd be there in a heartbeat if it weren't for Marcus' job. I wish we had a reason to return...maybe someday!
I hope no one ate right before reading my blog...sorry.
I love these Texas culture posts. I love how you get involved. I would not be such a good wife.
Those pictures of Cali and the bandana are ADORABLE. She is such a doll.
Holy Cow... lol, that was hilarious, I was thinking the same thing.
I love the bandana, she is so stinkin cute!
Beef...it's what's for dinner!
Hey I was going to say Holy Cow!! How fun for you to be all meaty!
Post a Comment