02 July 2009

Time Flies When You're Having Fun!

Where has the time gone? My sil mentioned to me today how long it had been since I'd blogged, but I didn't realize it was this bad. Things have been quite eventful since my last post so I'll give the "cliff notes" version as best I can.
Soon after my last post was Mother's day for which I got the most interesting gift...a new puppy. My thoughtful husband and children decided that on top of being pregnant, potty training Cali and going through the drama of our previous house that I needed something else to worry about. awww...so sweet. ;) The day after Mother's day we got some disturbing news about our house we were living in (the one we were in after leaving Crosby and moved to Vidor) and we were forced to make a decision. We left the house the next day not quite knowing what was in store. We headed to the only logical place, Marcus' parent's house, to wait it out and weigh our options. Within the next week or so we (I) packed everything to be ready to move out then headed to California. Marcus continued working and I didn't quite know what our situation would be, so why not visit family while we're homeless? The kids and I had a great trip and while we were gone Marcus and his cousins loaded up all our belongings and packed it all into storage.
By this point we had made arrangements for another house to rent but we were just waiting for the people to move out so we could move in, or so we thought. They were set to leave at one point, but that got postponed. Set another date and ended up leaving only two days after that appointed time. At this point we'd been homeless for about 4 weeks and we were ready. But unfortunately, that's when more drama ensued. The landlord gave us a week's notice that the house would be ready. They needed to get a couple things done while the house was empty. Fine with me. Well, the week came and went with little progress on the house and my mom and sister were coming for a visit. We ended up having to stay at my in-laws, all of us. We made the most of it and ended up having a great time even though it felt a little weird that we weren't at my place. Then another week passed. Finally I asked if there was anything we could do to help with the progress but they gave us the same answer every time...waiting on the contractor to finish up. Almost three weeks passed and I was done!!! I started showing up at the house, calling the contractor myself and when he was finished in one part of the house I'd jump in and start cleaning it. I had the contractor out within days and we were moving in.

Exactly 7 weeks to the day we were living with my in-laws and I am SO thankful to be living in our own place, sleeping in my own bed, and getting back on our schedule. I do love my in-laws and they were acceptionally generous and hospitable during our stay, but there's nothing better than having my life back.

Now, just a little update of our little family. I am happy to announce that Cali is fully potty trained!!! Hooray!! She was even at a friend's house today for a little while and I put a pull-up on her just to be safe because I wasn't quite sure if she'd tell my friend if she needed to go, but sure enough she did. She even went #2 and was completely dry after her stay. She's such a big girl!! (When I resume updates beyond part 1 I'll share all about my little Cali girl.)

Austin is SO ready for kindergarten it's not even funny. We were registered at one elementary school before the whole house mess, but because of the move I had to transfer him. We went up to the new school to turn in some paperwork and got to meet the principal! Today he decided that we need to get back to working in our workbooks so he can be ready for school and show his principal how smart he is. What a weirdo!!

Marcus has really been working hard. With the economy the way it's been he's had to really put in the hours. I'm so thankful for all that he does for our family. He even tries to make time to wrestle and play with the kids any chance he gets...not that it's much of a stretch for him to be a big kid. ;)

As for myself, I'm 33 weeks now and feeling it. I feel it in my swollen feet and ankles by the end of the day or after being in the heat too long. I feel it in my hips that are being pressed on. I feel it in my ribs, constantly. For those of you that don't know, we aren't finding out what we're having again. We liked the surprise too much last time that we'll probably never find out again, if there are any more (which I'm sure this isn't the end). But all joking aside, I am feeling really good. The move has put a little extra strain on my body, but nothing I can't handle. I really love being pregnant, which is good because there's no way I'm ready to have this baby yet. Not with a move in progress.

And you're probably wondering why I didn't post anything while being homeless. Marcus' parents live pretty much out in the middle of nowhere and there's hardly even cell service so getting on the laptop was virtually impossible and their dinosaur computer has dialup. Do you blame me?

5 people care:

Emily said...

Wow, you look great! And your attitude is so good. We moved, and are potty training and I'm miserable and I let everyone know it! I'm 38 1/2 weeks and ready any second for this baby!

I'm glad you finally got into your own place after what sounds like an exhausting and frustrating process. Your kids look so happy, and I guess that's what matters! Good luck these last few weeks.

Michelle Swidrak said...

Wow, that is a busy crazy life! Isn't fun how things get so crazy when you're pregnant. Like it's not already busy enough when you're not right?
You look beautiful!

SweetmamaK said...

I'm glad things are settling down for you and you found a house. I remember the options were not so good when you originally found the other house. At least you saved money on rent for a couple of months, although I'm sure the counseling sessions needed after staying with in-laws pretty much equalled it!
Let Megan and I know if you are having a shower, we'll come- or if you need a girls night out- we'll leave the kids and road trip out to scary Vidor, I may need to meet you in Beaumont, since I vowed years ago never to set foot in Vidor... I suppose seeing you once again is worth breaking a vow!
MISS YOU TOO MUCH- especially last week at church, you would have cracked up!

Ilene said...

A puppy, really? You are so much better of a woman than I.

Tell me your potty training secrets. Seriously. Thomas is driving me crazy. Should I send him out to you? I mean, you don't have enough going on right now as it is...

Take care!!

Chelsea said...

Lady, for 33 weeks pregnant you look fabulous! Missed ya! Glad you're back.