15 July 2009

Update Part II: Miss Cali Girl

Now that things are settling down a bit, or something like that, I'd like to continue sharing that goings on of our little family. Since I've bragged on Austin, let me just brag a little on our little princess. Speaking of princess...when I went up to the school to register Austin for kindergarten we were lucky enough to cross paths with the principal. She introduced herself to Austin and asked him a few questions, after which she turned her attention to Miss Cali. When she asked her name Cali replied, "I'm a Princess!" very enthusiastically as a matter of fact. It was stinkin' adorable!
Cali, Cali, Cali...where on earth do I start? My little princess is a busy little bee, to say the least.
Cali has had quite the summer. She LOVES to swim. The first time we got in the water at a friend's pool she clung to me like a starfish to a rock. By the end of our swim time she was pushing away and swimming back and forth between me and the steps! No fear, just like her brother...maybe even less if that's possible.
During the time we spent living with my in-laws we discovered Cali's love for fresh vegetables, especially tomatoes. If I couldn't find her around the house I knew the first place to look outside was in the garden. Good thing we planted plenty of tomato plants this year!

During a shopping trip for school clothes while my mom and sister were visiting, Austin and my nephew chose sunglasses to go with their new wardrobes. As much as Cali loves her big brother and wants to do EVERYTHING he does, she had to have a pair of sunglasses. Rarely have we seen her without them since buying them. She didn't even want girl glasses...they have yellow flames on the sides and she usually wears them with a dress. Awesome!!

We haven't had many chances to head out to the lake. We were fortunate enough to have that opportunity just a couple weeks ago, 4th of July weekend. We had such a good time hanging out as a family, playing in the water, eating cheetos and climbing on the rocks. Both of my kids have such energy and curiosity. They really are inspiring in their intrigue and desire to see and do just about everything they can. Cali looks like such a little surfer girl...where does she get that?


She's growing up right before my eyes...I hate having to blink because I might miss something! I honestly can't believe that she's only 2 years old and already potty trained! She's too smart for her own good. She speaks with such clarity and understands more than I sometimes give her credit for. She's such a happy, friendly, caring, silly, fun girl. We are so blessed to have her in our family. She's going to be such a great big sister.


That's Miss Cali Girl in a nutshell these days. I can't wait to see what the future holds with this little one...just not too quickly.

2 people care:

Betty said...

That's an awesome picture of Callie and Marcus! It was nice to see ya'll the other day.
We love ya'll!

Parks Family said...

Sounds like you guys are having a great summer! We miss you!
Tell Marcus that Kevin says hello.