11 September 2009

Off To Kindergarten

With a new baby in the house, it's been a little tricky to be able to have the time to sit at the computer long enough to blog about our latest events. You'd think I'd have all the time in the world because she sleeps so much, but when she's sleeping there's so much to get done, or Cali needs attention, or I'm sleeping myself. Blogging hasn't been quite as high on my priority list as sleep lately, but I do feel the need to update a few special things that have happened recently, like my first born heading off to KINDERGARTEN!!!
At 7am he's up and ready, wearing his new school clothes and shoes and sporting his new green backpack he picked out (over transformers...weird!).
Cali didn't quite understand that she wasn't going to school, but she was just as excited as if she were. She had a hard time when I took Austin in and came out alone, but she's gotten better.They all lined up outside their class and got their own name tag...he was busy checking it out, but at least I got another smile. He was ready for me to go, but I just couldn't, not yet.
We found his seat and he was glad that he was facing the front of the class instead of sitting sideways like the rest of the kids in the group. The little joys. ;)
I knew Austin was ready for school, but I wasn't prepared for how NOT ready I was for him to start school. I managed to keep it together while taking pictures and I even made it out to the car before finally breaking down and shedding a few tears. The hardest part of the whole thing is that Peyton looks identical to Austin when he was born so it's like watching him grow up in a blink of an eye...he was just a baby and now he's in school!!! Where has the time gone?
Austin is such an amazing kid and I know he'll have a great school career. He says that the only thing he doesn't like about school is all the rules...rules, rules, rules he says. After three weeks of Kindergarten he still loves going in the morning and telling me all about it when he gets home.
We'll see how long it lasts, but I'm loving it for now.

1 people care:

Ilene said...

Yay for Austin!

Now I am ready for the Peyton pictures!!

Sorry Austin, but I need to see some sweet sweet baby girl pictures.