12 September 2009

1 Month Old

I can't believe it!! We've made it a whole month and we're all still doing fine...sleepless nights and all. The days surrounding the birth of baby #3 I had a lot of help and got quite a bit done. My mom and step-dad were able to be here before I went into the hospital and the day of the birth. This was the first time my mom was able to be part of any of her grandchildren entering the world. I was really glad she was there and able to share that experience with me. (She was with my sister, but she had a c-section...not quite the same.) Thanks Mom for being there. I know it meant a lot to you and I want you to know that it meant a lot to me too.Before I had Miss Peyton, my good friend Stephanie came into town to be here with/for me. She was able to leave her 6 kids back in Oregon and stay with me during this time of transition for 10 whole days. I honestly don't know what I would have done without her. She was up with the kids in the mornings and let me sleep. I felt bad, but she told Marcus that having my two little munchkins was like a little vacation from her 6. They played games, did puzzles, and actually stayed fairly quiet till I emerged from my dungeon. Thank You Stephanie!!
Austin took this picture of me with his new baby sister. Not too bad! We may have a budding photographer on our hand. ;)

Cali finally decided to hold the baby by the end of the first day. Cali wanted nothing to do with her in the hospital, but after bringing Peyton home I think she started to like her a little. Austin comes home from school and loves on her and holds her for as long as he can...just no pics.
She likes her a lot more now! I think she likes her a lot...too sweet!
(I promise I did not pose her like this)
I did, in fact, pose them like this....but the smile is all Cali.This is how Peyton spends most of her day. She loves chillin' in her swing but she's not a fan of laying flat....not till bedtime.

We love the newest addition to our family!! Peyton Elise is a sweet little baby and her big brother and sister sure think so too. Getting enough sleep has been the biggest adjustment, but with Austin now in school it's not too bad and naptime is a necessity for all three of us. Everyday is girl's day in our house...at least until the boys return.

Happy One Month Birthday Peyton!!

7 people care:

Mrs. Schmalison said...

She is soooo beautiful! Look at all that hair! How fun for you guys.

Lizzy said...

Oh she is sweet! Your little girls have so much hair! I love it.

How nice to have Stephanie come and stay for 10 days. That is crazy nice. Hope things continue to go well!

Sarah Fruge said...

Austin's picture looks great. It's even centered! haha I can't believe she's already a month old. You need to come over and see Lindon!

Brianne said...

Sarah, I'll come when you're not sick anymore...can't afford to have that come in my house!

Michelle Swidrak said...

She is so stinking cute! I can't believe all that hair! So happy for you and your newest addition!
Love you!

Carolyn Townsend said...

Your girls are so cute. I love the picture of Cali and her big smile. She is 100% yours. Super cute family

American Mom said...

I had no idea - WOW! Love her middle name :)