With the move finally over, and most of my belongings found and put where they need to be, I can finally breath a little...and blog a little. The move went well, short and sweet. We started loading stuff into the truck on Friday afternoon, cleaned most of the house we were moving out of, and even got to hang out with a few friends after dark. Saturday morning we finished loading up and cleaning and we even got everything unloaded at our new place and the truck returned! We are freakin' professionals...just don't ask me to do it again. We've been here for three weeks now and it's finally starting to feel like "home".
With things settling down a bit we decided to take a little trip to visit my mom in Mississippi. My mom was going to come for a visit over her spring break, but they had a minor pet emergency so I made the decision to pack up the kids in the suburban and head on over. It's only about a 5.5 hour drive if you go straight through...we made it in 6 with a stop at McDonald's and a gas fill-up. Anyway, we had a pleasant visit and it went by quickly. The driving seemed to be the longest part of the whole thing. But we did get to take a trip to a swamp and see some spectacular sites, or at least Austin and Cali thought they were pretty cool. The kids had the most fun just throwing rocks into the swamp and disturbing the frogs and lizards and what not. And I even have some pictures!! (Yes, I found the cord to attach the camera to the computer....hooray!!)
As for me, I'm about 19 weeks along right now and doing well. I have my ultrasound set for April 13th, but we're not going to find out the sex of the baby, so don't ask. ;) I'm still due in August so if you have any tips for staying cool in southeast texas while carrying a watermelon I'll take 'em.
6 people care:
Oh man I saw the alligators...creepy!!! Glad you guys are all settled. We are about to move too and I am dreading it, even though it's only a few miles away.
I'm glad you're feeling good, and good luck with the summer heat. I'll be right there with ya.
Alligators? Are you serious! That was crazy!
Cali is too cute wit her sweet little smile. They are both growing so much!
Air Conditioning, do you have it?
Congrats on the new baby! I had Connor middle of August in Texas and the best advice...stay INSIDE! Good luck*
I do have ac, but my kids are outside as much as humanly possible. I might just have to invest in a nanny for 2 months just to play with them outside. I wish I had a fenced in yard to just let them loose...we shall see.
We just found you site, Jake is super excited to see recent photos of his best comp. and family. We are adding you to our list, hop you don't mind.
Glad you are more settled now. I wish you all well. I wish I could just stop by to help and take the kidos for you, and visit-yeah if I had my own plane. I am looking forward to August :) :) Loving the pics of the kids. If we could just not make them grow for a while...We all love you guys, Stephanie
Post a Comment