29 March 2009

Latest Project

I love a good, cool weekend with nowhere to go and no real plans! We started by sleeping in on Saturday morning...always a good omen. I just moved, which means that I should have plenty to do around my new house, but if you know me at all, you know that my house is pretty much all settled (all but the wreck of totes in the garage to be organized). So, with the heat soon to be upon us, and my growing belly soon to be a small nuiscance, I decided to build the kids a structure for indoors.

When I was a little kid, my mom built this jungle gym out of pvc pipe that we played on till the thing fell to the ground. So, I got a wild hair and decided to make one of my own for my kids. I went to Home Depot, got all the pipes, fittings, glue, and some screws (my mom gave me an outline of what I'd need). I was so excited but thought it might be even more fun to do it as a family. So I waited for this weekend, and we've had a great time building our little contraption! We got everything put together but we're going to go back and glue most, if not all, the fittings and even screw in the fitting where the sides connect to the ends. I'm so excited to have it all done!!!

This is the beginning of the first side. Niki was just making sure it's all level.Austin thought it was a pretty cool hopscotch...already a great idea.Marcus working on side #2 with his little helper.

Cali hammin' it up while taking it for a test run.Austin was showing me that he's too tall for it and that we should think about making it a little bigger just for him.
It brings back SO many great memories of childhood and I hope it provides my kids with the same great playtime, imagination time, even some fighting time that I had with my siblings. ;)
Actually, we probably didn't have that much fighting time on this thing because it was so awesome!!

5 people care:

Mac and Starr said...

cool idea!

Parks Family said...

Looks like fun. I'd love to have the plans for it. Good luck with the summer heat and pregnancy. I wore a lot of basketball shorts and spent most of the time laying in front of a fan. Oh the memories.

Brianne said...

It's really not that hard, just a little time consuming. I could send you the plans on email if you want...just let me know.

Ilene said...

You obviously love your children more than I do.

Impressive!

SweetmamaK said...

we miss you!