What's a girl to do? We haven't hooked up home internet yet, and I don't know if we're even going to. Marcus has a laptop for work which gives us internet access and ability to do the things we need to, but it's just not the same. I don't have my computer at home to do my searches, blogging, bills, facebook, etc. until after the kids go to bed. And anyone knows how much gets done in those quiet hours...if you're anything like me, nothing! If it's not done while everyone's up and moving, it's not getting done till tomorrow.
Anyway, we're getting settled in our new place. The move went well. We had a lot of friends give us a lot of good help, even though we were leaving them. We even had some old friends come help in the new place with the unloading. All in all it was definitely a memorable experience. And thank goodness it's over. Most of me REALLY hates moving, but part of me actually likes the opportunity for purging things that haven't been used (seen) in a long time and getting to arrange things a different way. I'm cool with a fresh palet.
Speaking of fresh pallet...as soon as I get a chance to hook up my camera to this stupid laptop I'll definitely have to share pictures of this new place before I attack it with new paint!! It's a three bedroom house and I decided to put the kids in the same room from the beginning hoping it would help them adjust to the new place, but also, they're going to end up sharing a room after the baby arrives so I might as well take care of it early. Things are going well, surprisingly. They sleep fine...once Cali finally goes to sleep at night...and naptimes haven't even posed a problem. I am pleasantly surprised. The reason I mention palet is because of the colors in this house, especially their room. The whole thing is the color of the Texas Longhorns....that burnt orange! ugh!! And the third bedroom is pink, but not just any pink...only a picture will do it justice. I can't even describe the shade.
The rest of the house isn't too bad, but it's a yellow. If anyone has ever painted with yellow, you know that it has to be just the right shade. Yea...they didn't quite get the right shade. And it's throughout the entire house!!
And the floors....there is a little consistency, but there could be more. There's hardwood in the living room and thru the dining room into the hallway. All the bedrooms and the family room are carpet (cheap carpet). But the others....kitchen, laundry room and both bathrooms...are linoleum, but not even all the same linoleum. Each has a different texture and pattern...lovely.
But, it's keeping us cool when it's warm, warm when it's cool, and dry from the rain. ;) I'm trying my best to make it feel like home as quickly as possible. We're getting there. I really wouldn't mind borrowing my friend Ilene's mom for a weekend (or longer). She seems to have a knack for warming up a cold room and toning down the busy ones. Maybe I could convince my own mom to take a break from her crazy life to lend a girl a helping hand with some window coverings and painting tasks. I'll let you know.
I have so much more to post, but I'll have to keep a blogging journal and share when I can. I'll do my best to get some pictures up and post more often. To my Crosby friends, I miss you all SOOOO much already...we'll have to set up a lunch/playdate or something soon.
12 March 2009
Such a Slacker!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 people care:
We miss you toooooooo!
You could borrow me too, you know!
All this moving, my poor dear. I have a big ol' tub of primer I wish I could send you from our last house that had the burnt orange and mustard yellow walls. I know what you are going through.
I hope you get settled in soon! I'm happy to hear that you have a roof over your head in the meantime!
Glad to hear the move went well. Although I am missing your regular postings. Hopefully soon!
Post a Comment