24 April 2008

Birthday Events

Yesterday was a GREAT day! Cali is now a whole year old, whether I like it or not. I do love this age though. From about 6 months when they actually start doing a lot like sitting, scooting/crawling, playing....to about 18 months when they start going in the opposite direction and they're heading for the "terrible twos". Kids are just great and yesterday we had a lot of fun.


We got to go to a little carnival here in town for preschoolers. It was mostly for Austin, but Cali loves to be outside and watch him play, so we all had a good time. They had a clown, crafts, a hay ride, snacks, etc., and it was only $2. What more can a mom ask for?

That afternoon I was able to take the kids to get pictures taken. When Austin had his first birthday that was the one thing that I swore I would always do, get pictures. I can take pretty good pictures, but nothing like you get at The Picture People! The session was mostly for Cali because it was her birthday, but I did take the opportunity to get some shots with the two kids together. They really did a great job. And the best part was that I was able to bring the pictures home with me and I don't have to wait 6-8 weeks to get the prints. I was so happy.

After the session I let the kids play at the awesome little playground in the mall for a bit which really ended the day well. They were both asleep all the way home, and Austin even slept longer once we got home. He played hard.

After we got home I finished up the cupcakes, got dinner on the table, and we enjoyed an evening together and focused on Cali. She's been a little grumpy lately because her top teeth are really giving her a fit, but she was happy and she really brightened up when it was time to rip into her presents. We just got her a couple things, but it's always fun to see them tearing up the paper and start playing with the toy before it's even fully exposed!! And of course I had to give Austin a little something to open, just a little car, but it was probably the smartest gift I got. :)
Cupcake time was GREAT! While we were singing "Happy Birthday" Cali was already reaching for the cupcake and I couldn't get the paper off fast enough. She dug into that thing and had it devoured before I could even put the lighter away.

We had a great day! It was full of fun and family, and we must have really wore her out because she slept ALL night long and I even had to wake the poor thing up this morning. Enjoy the pictures and Party On!!

1 people care:

Tara said...

How fun! I can't get over how cute she is!

That is pretty smart of you to go with a cupcake instead of a full regular cake for her. I'm totally doing that with Drew. so thanks!