19 July 2008

6 Whole Years!!

Today is our 6th Wedding Anniversary!! Hooray!!
I was reminiscing about the past 6 years and I came across a disc of some different pictures from different times in our marriage. I don't have any digital pictures of our actual wedding, but I'll try to dig some up and scan them in, just to be able to share in the magic. ;)
This was a couple months after we got married. We were living in Alaska for my last semester of school and volleyball. We were called as nursery leaders...the best birth control EVER!!

This is obviously when I was pregnant with Austin. We look so young! I was only 22 and we were living in the smallest trailer house and Marcus was still in school. Can't you see the thrill on my face? I should actually blog about this picture someday!! The phone Marcus is holding was the worst phone in the world...we shot it to bits when we finally got a new one. I recommend shooting appliances that really agravate you when you're finally ready to move on...excellent therapy! PS. That's my "tough" face.This was one of the best days...Marcus finally graduating from college!! I had been putting him through school pretty much our whole marriage. (I know many of you can sympathize, but I didn't have to go through law school like most of you, thank goodness!!) One of our many trips to my parents' house in California...we don't always get to make it over to spend time on the beach, but we definitely needed it this trip. Look how white we were!Another pasty picture, but I think we were living in Oregon that winter...not much sunlight during the rainy season, and it showed!After reflecting on our time together, I was trying to remember some things from before I met Marcus. I just have to say, I know there was life before him, but I MUCH prefer life WITH him! We have made some great memories together. We talk and laugh a lot together, and having children has even added to our joy. There is a lot of Joy in the Journey here on earth...and I'm really glad I have such a wonderful husband and friend beside me to share it with. I know the eternities will be even better than this life, especially with Marcus.

I love you Marcus!! Happy 6th Anniversary!!!

16 people care:

Ilene said...

Happy Anniversary!

I got married at 22. I was so old. HA!

The other day as we were playing with our boys, I just had one of those moments where I thought, "Whoa. Weren't we just dating and now thare are two little boys that we made together?"

Time flies, huh?

Lizzy said...

First of all, Happy Anniversary! Six years seems so long!

Second of all, I'm dying, DYING, over those overalls Marcus is wearing. That is too funny. You guys both look so young in that picture.

Emily said...

I know, I can't get over those overalls...awesome! Happy Anniversary! You guys are so cute. I love the pregnant picture...it's fun to remember how things were early on in a marriage.

And I love the kissing picture too!

geraldandmeganlove said...

Somehow I just don't see Marcus as the overalls type. I had a good laugh about that one too. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

Abby said...

Congrats on the 6yr mark! We blow up our old cell phones that annoy us too!! Very therapeutic! See you in 5 days!

Tara said...

CONGRATS on 6 years! That is awesome and you guys are a darling couple. I hope you eat popcorn tonight. ha ha was that vulgar? you taught me that at our McGrath's outing didn't you? :)

Alifinale said...

Happy Anniversary! I love all the pics and the trip down memory lane. You guys are so cute!

Brianne said...

I love those overalls too...yuck! BTW he wore those the day Austin was born, at the hospital, in all the pictures too...what a guy.

Tara, yes, I remember telling you something about "the popcorn", but not so much "eating" popcorn...so gross!! j/k

Golfersfamily said...

Super Sappy and adorable. Happy anniversary!!!

April said...

Happy anniversary! You guys are soo cute! Love the overalls, I think everytime I see Marcus I will think of 'Farmer McCabe'! j/k..Okay yeah, what is up with the popcorn thing..Am I missing out on something good!?

Carolyn Townsend said...

Congrats Bri and Marcus! It doesn't seem like 6 years ago that you left for the summer and you came back with a husband. Crazy how time really does fly.

Brianne said...

April, I'll share the popcorn thing at a girls' night...that's about the only time it's appropriate. ;)

Eryn said...

The popcorn thing is not so sly if you tell everyone about it! Happy Anniversary. Oh, and when are you coming to visit?

Brianne said...

Only a select few know the secret of "the popcorn" story...don't worry, I don't really use it very much anyway. ;)

Eryn, I'm SO working on it!!! and btw, is there some news you would like to share?

Eryn said...

Jason has a really big mouth!!! He hasn't even told his parents yet!

JHalling said...

I am so happy for you! I actually remembered your anniversary, but then I forgot when the day came! You two are perfect for each other I wish we didn't live so far away. You guys probably don't, but we do! Happy Anniversary! Love all of you.