04 October 2008

Tagged

I was tagged by a couple different people for this one, so I guess I'll fulfill my assignment.

Here are the rules...

1. Link the person who tagged you. (Like I said, I was tagged by a couple, so I'm not linking)

2. Mention these rules on your blog.

3. Tell about 6 quirks of yours.

4. Tag fellow bloggers to do the same.

5. Leave a comment to let them know they were tagged.

6 Quirks is tough when you're as quirky as I am...I'll try to narrow them down. ;)

1. First and foremost I really dislike being late. I get that horrible knot in my stomach and sweat, like I'm nervous for some reason. Especially for church. I'm usually seated and got the kids settled before anything begins...I just can't handle being rushed.

2. I really can't stand clutter. I'm doing a lot better now, as you can tell from my cluttered house, but I used to be quite psychotic about it. I had a place for everything and everything was in its place. Maybe it was because we lived in a trailer that was the size of a cracker jack box and if something wasn't put away then the whole place was a disaster. I have a MUCH bigger house now (too big if you ask me) and two kids that aren't so crazy about cleaning up their own clutter. (and the messy husband with piles all around doesn't help either) I've become much more relaxed about it, but I still don't like it!

3. Weird, I know, but I can't handle a cupboard, drawer, door, window, etc. being even slightly left open. If it's a cupboard then I have to arrange things so it will close all the way. If it's a drawer, same thing...and I've even passed that one on to Austin!! He'll fix his clothes so his drawers close all the way. What have I done??

4. I can't stand hearing people chew. Maybe I'm just controlling like my father (hahaha) or maybe I was just raised to chew with my mouth closed and I expect others to do the same. Whatever the reason, it's like nails on a chalkboard to me....and Marcus does it ALL THE TIME!

5. I'm a stickler for respect/politeness. My kids are even becoming little politeness freaks themselves. Just the other day we were driving in the car with 3 extra kids in the car for a little trip to the park. The little girl asked Austin for a book to which he replied, "you didn't say please. you don't say please or thank you very much, do you?" My little 4 year old has been nagged a little too much by his mother about saying please, thank you, excuse me, i'm sorry...is that a bad thing?

6. Though I'm doing much better at choosing my battles, I get a little bugged when my kids clothes don't match. Don't judge me!!! When Marcus gets them dressed, he'll let Austin pick out his own clothes (that never match) and pick Cali's to be miss-matched on purpose, just to bust my chops. Most of the time, especially on saturdays and sunday afternoons, I just let it slide. Who cares, right? But when we are actually going into public I change their clothes right before we leave so he can't do anything about it.

I'm not tagging anyone, but if you think you'd like to share your quirks with the blogging world, go for it!!!



Yes, I'm a dork. Whether those are quirks or not I don't care. It's my post and that's what I want to share. Do you really think I'd share my worst quirks....or maybe those are. You'll never know!!! moooaaaaaa!!!!

8 people care:

Betty said...

You are one cool chick! One of my life's goals is to write a book entitled, "I'm Not O.K. And Neither Are You!" Funny, huh?! "Normal" DOES NOT exist!
Love ya'll lots!!!

carizolli said...

I echo betty, above! You are one cool chick, Brianne!

I'm a politeness-freak too!

I love quirk posts! They're fun to read.

Lizzy said...

I share some of those quirks. I hate clutter and being late and loud chewers drive me nuts!

That's pretty funny about the cupboards and windows having to be shut. I'm the worst at closing things. I pretty much leave the garage open 24/7. I'm just too lazy to close it.

Chelsea said...

Oh Brianne, I totally miss you. Quirks and all!

Ilene said...

Love what Austin said. Jackson informed his cousin the other day that she was chewing with her mouth open. I loved it. However, Jackson has smacked plenty when eating and it drives me batty.

You are definitely not alone in your quirks. I am with you on your entire list.

Michelle Swidrak said...

wait... so are those your quirks or not? I don't get it. I need to reread I guess. I hope my kid says that to someone else's kid someday. or how about to an adult? LOL!

Betty said...

You've been tagged - again! Go to my blog to see the rules! This one is pretty cool.
Love ya'll!

SweetmamaK said...

I would do this, but since I have no quirks.... Hey i'm glad you are anal about politeness, I just took 22 cupcakes to David's class and only David and his friend JT thanked me- rotten ingrates! I'm not bitter though....