29 December 2009

Santa Claus Came to Town!!

I don't think Santa held a match to grandparents this year! My kids sure had a great Christmas. My mom was able to spend it with us, my dad sent gifts, and we even got an extra day of Christmas with Marcus' parents yesterday. Phew!! I'm Christmased out. We definitely made it last as long as possible and had a GREAT time doing it.

Austin's class had a Christmas party and they did a little skit...Austin played Rudolph. His teacher read a little story and every time she said "Rudolph" Austin said "My nose glows!". It was adorable!!
This was what the kids woke up to Christmas morning. No, I didn't not put all those there...my mother was in town and my dad sent a couple. Santa brought them each two gifts plus filled their stockings and we got them each a couple necessities. It just piled up in that little corner.Austin was in HEAVEN!! I almost had to tie Cali up because she wanted them so badly...this picture doesn't do her excitement justice.
Even Peyton got in the Christmas spirit. Her pj's say "my first christmas"...love the hat?Merry Christmas....morning gorgeousness. ;)This was my favorite moment of the morning. Austin had asked for a new pair of Sketchers, but in his letter to Santa he changed it to "the fastest shoes you can find". When he opened these he shouted, "Yes, the fastest shoes in the world!!!" Priceless.Now this was Christmas with the McCabes yesterday. The kids were in and out all day playing so my s-i-l and I put out a platter of veggies with dip and a platter of apples with caramel...the kids devoured them!! I guess we could have made sandwiches, but they filled up on veggies. What more could a mom ask for? One fun thing at Grandma and Grandpa's is going fishing in a nearby pond. This is a little trailer that is pulled by a fourwheeler. These kids loved it!
None of the pictures turned out very well, but you get the idea. Cali pretty much does it all by herself and usually catches the most fish. The dogs are just an addition to the country scene. The man sitting is Marcus' dad and my two are the closest with cousins back by grandpa.

It was a great day with family just visiting, playing and eating....that was pretty much the theme of the season for us! I'm not complaining...

0 people care: