I took way more pictures during our trip to California, but unfortunately, they weren't on my camera! And I would have taken a lot of pictures of the process of cooking on Turkey Day, but I was the one doing most of the cooking. So I guess I'll just have to tell you about our trip to visit my family in words instead of pictures.
We were there for a total of 10 days. It always starts out a little slow and seems like it's going to be the longest 10 days EVER, but after about 2 or 3 days everyone started showing up and hanging out a lot more and the rest of the trip flew by. We got there on the Saturday before Thanksgiving and stayed till the Monday after. We stayed with my Dad and Step-mom and my baby sister and a brother that still lives with them (for now). My sister's still in high school so she had school Monday and Tuesday, and my Dad had to "work" and get food for the week so he was pretty busy. My brother that lives at home is a Police Officer and works nights so he slept most of the first couple days. I have another brother that lives in town, but his kids were all still in school, as was he, so we were bored. ;) But then came Wednesday when everyone was off from school, work, and my sister and bro-in-law came into town....let the festivities begin!!
This is my cop brother holding Miss Peyton and my neice Isobelle who couldn't get enough of the baby. (in the background is my bro-in-law)
This was the football game at the park. We used to all play football in the street outside the house, but there are just too many off us and too many little kids, so we opt for the park. This pic includes (from left to right): Natalie (my big bro's chick), the two little boys are my nephews that belong to my bro next to them, the big black mass is my bro-in-law, the head behind him is the cop bro, and off to the right is Marcus.
Halftime!!!
I guess I have to suffer thru at least one picture of myself...Miss Peyton didn't like the sun. (I like the cuddling couple behind me!!!)
All (but Peyton) vegging after the game. Guess we wore them out!
The main events of the week were eating, cooking, eating, playing, eating, and sleeping. Oh, did I mention how much freakin' food we had?? We actually had to throw away food after everyone left! Every night was something different and I think I gained all my baby weight back!! But what a way to go. ;)
3 people care:
Love it! Peyton is so adorable! And you look great Ms. Thang!
Looks and sounds like lots of fun!
sounds like you had tons of fun. glad you got to visit family for Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment