My Loving Husband helped me with a Girlfriend Getaway, and it was perfect!
Two of my awesome girlfriends and I left on a Thursday afternoon and headed for Houston (where one of them happens to live). We got to shop, eat out, and sleep in (at least one morning) and all with no kids!! (One of my girlfriends did have kids for a little bit, but that's mainly because we stayed at her house and there's no getting out of "mom" duties when you're home.) We even awoke the next morning simply to get dressed and head out for more shopping. *sigh*
Then it was time to get ready for the main event: "Wicked". If you've never heard of or seen the Broadway production of "Wicked" I highly recommend it....AWESOME!! After the show we head to the Cheesecake Factory for some midnight cheesecake. The perfect ending to such a fun night. Then to the hotel for some sleep...right. But we did sleep in till 10am and I haven't done that in YEARS. At least not like that. After a baby doesn't count! Since we were up so late, we got ready and headed back to the Cheesecake Factory for a scrumptious lunch and since it's right there in the Galleria...more shopping!!

I'm SO thankful for Marcus' help/support in taking a little time for myself.
Ahhh...I'm ready to get back to work.

4 people care:
NIIIICCCEEEE!!!! I think I'm the only person on the planet who hasn't seen Wicked. No fair.
It's so true how re-energized a girls weekend can make us. Glad you had so much fun!!!
I love Wicked. Oh, I want to go again. Sound like a heavenly weekend.
And yay you got the collages up!
Yes Emily, you MUST see it...you're the last.
And Alison, thanks for your help!!
It was sooooo much fun!!!!! Let's go again!
Post a Comment